Commercial Motor Fleet and Motor Trade Insurance

Commercial Motor Fleet and Motor Trade

If you’re involved in the motor trade, whether as a sole trader or wider business, it is vital that your insurance offers the level of protection you need.

Motor Trade Insurance serves to protect your business and staff when working on or operating your customers’ or company vehicles. This flexible cover can either apply to designated drivers or be extended across all members of staff, including new recruits.

Our experienced motor trade advisers can help you select the policy features which suit your business, recommending appropriate levels of cover to meet your individual requirements.

Mechanic working on a car

Policy Benefits 

Public & Employers' Liability

Engineering inspection

Goods in transit

We have an outstanding track record in working with the industry, and deal with all well-known motor trade insurers, such as Liverpool Victoria, Aviva, RSA, and NIG. We can also assist you when it comes to the vital task of updating information to the Motor Insurance Database (MID).


Cover for the motor trade can include:

Material damage for buildings, contents and vehicles

Business interruption

Employers’ liability

Public liability

Money (inc money on premises/theft)

Engineering inspection

Goods in transit

Road risk cover

Service indemnity

Commercial legal expenses or management liability


To speak to one of our insurance specialists about Motor Trade and Commercial Fleet Insurance, contact us, or call:


01787 378205 (Suffolk Office)

01256 398500 (Hampshire Office)

01243 841710 (Sussex Office)

Suggested Products